If you follow us on social media, you probably caught our coverage of the 2016 ABC Kids Expo: one of our favorite baby gear events of the year! Not only did we get the opportunity to check out some of our favorite brands and latest baby products in person, but we also got a sneak peek at new trends. Here’s what caught our eye at this year’s show – think of it as an exclusive preview for what you can expect to see online and in stores from your favorite brands in 2017!
Black And White For Baby
Black and white haven’t traditionally been sweet baby colors in the past, but they are now the top color combo for trendy babies.
- Boppy, the perennial favorite, added a ton of new adorable black and white prints to their Boppy Nursing Pillows. The new high-contrast designs are a fresh way to create a comforting experience when feeding baby or to help baby get stronger with tummy time.
- Maxi-Cosi City Motif collection showcased black and white patterns that updated the Mico Max 30, Pria 85 and Dana stroller.
- Graco Cozy Duet is an amazing creation with a modern color scheme that calms and soothes baby two different ways – it’s a rocker and a swing, in one!
- DockATot gave their beloved Docks a timely makeover with new black and white activity bars and matching fuzzy toys.
High End Design Collaborations
Wow! This year’s Expo was filled with a TON of gorgeous high-end design collaborations. From nurseries to strollers, we’ve outlined our favorite limited edition collabs.
- Jonathan Adler + Fisher-Price collaboration uses JA’s sleek design aesthetic to bring a playful sophistication to Fisher-Price’s iconic baby gear. The collection includes a bouncer, a revamped rock’n’play, and nursery décor.
- Jeremy Scott + Cybex take it to the runway by adding his signature wings to their award winning baby products and make everything sparkle with gold accents.
- Moodd by Rachel Zoe Stroller | Quinny USA is an example of how Zoe deftly combines luxury and function for families who want to be stylish on the go. Think beautiful cognac leather, gold detailing, tassels, and black and white fabric on the Quinny Moodd stroller.
Products That Grow With Baby
Anyone who has brought home or gifted baby gear knows that the first few months of baby’s life require a TON of new things. Unfortunately, some “essential” items don’t have much staying power. The ABC Kids Expo showed us that there’s a new crop of products built to grow with your child.
- Evomove Nomi high chair is a single chair that exists at the intersection of smart design and high function. Beyond easy to adjust, your child can use it from infancy through teen years.
- Grow-With-Me Playtime Teepee by Infantino takes play from infancy all the way through the toddler years. Baby can lay on the play mat and look at the mobile for lay-and-play, move up to tummy time, and eventually use it as a regular teepee for everyday play.
- Silver Cross made its U.S. debut with the Wave. It’s a luxury travel system that helps your child cruise from infancy through all the stroller years in unparalleled style.
Parents want to monitor newborns all the time, but, realistically, moms and dads can’t hover over their new baby to make sure they’re breathing 24/7. New tech products and apps are giving parents more information than ever before.
- Project Nursery Parent + Baby SmartBand is a wearable device that offers parents friendly reminders for sleeping, feeding, and pumping. It also tracks baby’s diaper changes and so much more.
- CloudTot, created by the trusted DockATot, is a smart bed that monitors breathing and moisture, and even gently nudges baby when no movement is detected.
- 4moms, an established leader in tech and baby gear, is breaking new ground with a self-installing car seat. The Seat auto-levels and manages its own tensions, and when the bucket seat is placed in its base, it runs diagnostics to make sure everything is secure. This takes the guess work out of installation and gives parents peace of mind.
With so many great baby products on display at the 2016 ABC Kids Expo, we are beyond excited to see what our favorite brands come up with online and in stores in 2017!